Principal Rogers’ Updates
Greetings, Rogers-Herr Family, this is your Principal, Kecia Rogers, with your RHMS News!
Pastries with the Principal, 7/7
Come meet and greet our new Principal, Ms. Kecia Rogers, on Tue, Jul 7, 4-5pm.
Open House, 7/16
Join us for Open House on Thu, Jul 16! For all 7th and 8th grade students & families, Open House will take place from 7-8pm. For the students & families on the 6th Grade Navigators team, Open House is from 4:30-5:30pm. The Voyagers' Team's Open House will be from 5:45-6:45pm.
Headed to the Grocery Store?
Did you know you can link your Kroger, Harris Teeter, Food Lion, and/or Target frequent shopper cards to Rogers-Herr? Did you know the money Rogers-Herr gets from these links makes a BIG difference? These retailers will donate a percentage of your purchase directly to RHMS! Most cards need to be re-linked at the beginning of every school year and can be done online or at their customer service desks. Find our school codes on our COOL CASH page by clicking here. Please link your cards TODAY!
That is all for this week's announcements. Have a wonderful week. RAMS ROCK!
RHMS on Twitter
Keep In Touch
RHMS offers lots of ways to stay up to date. Use what works for you!
- EMAIL: Get weekly RHMS updates through the RHMS Google Group. To subscribe, simply send an email to rogers-herr-middle-school+subscribe @googlegroups.com.
- PHONE: To ensure that you get Principal Rogers' weekly phone updates, send an email to email@example.com with your child's name and updated phone numbers.
- TEXT MESSAGE: text @rogershe to 910-853-6794. You'll receive a request for your name. Once you reply, you will be subscribed to our texting service at Remind101.com. Standard message rates apply.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Join us on
Facebook, follow us on
- GRADES & HOMEWORK: To keep up with your child's progress, be sure to check the Team Pages and Home Base. Some classes also use Edmodo to keep in touch. Please contact the school office for login information.
- DURHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS: Visit www.dpsnc.net for
lunch menus and other info.
RHMS Google Calendar
Support Our School
Volunteering at Rogers-Herr
We have so much appreciation for our parent volunteers who give of their valuable time! All potential DPS volunteers must complete an online volunteer application and undergo a background check before volunteering. The process will take 5-7 days. Once approved, your certification is good for two years. If you have any questions, please contact guidance counselor Karen Brown at (919) 560-3970 x 70234.
Support our Parent-Teacher Association!
Your membership and donations provide classroom supplies, school activity scholarships, staff appreciation events, informational forums for parents, and fun events for RHMS students throughout the year. PTA donations are tax deductible.
Donate online through PayPal — or write a check to RHMS PTA and send it to school with your student or drop it off in the office. Thank you for your support!
Shopping Anyway? Help Rogers-Herr the Easy Way!
You can raise money for our school just by going to the supermarket! Check out our Cool School Cash page for more details. Please collect Boxtops For Education logos, Campbell's Labels for Education logos and Tyson Chicken Project A+ labels, and send them to school with your child.
Remember to link your grocery store loyalty cards to our school, either at the store or online. You must re-link every August.
- Do you shop at Harris Teeter, Kroger, Office Depot or Target? Please link your shopper's card to Rogers-Herr at the checkout counter, customer service desk, or online. A percentage of your purchase will be donated to Rogers-Herr! Cards must be relinked every August. Codes, weblinks and other details are on our Cool School Cash page.
- Clip Those Labels!
Many of the products you already buy have logos that can earn money for RHMS! When hundreds of families are all clipping, they can really add up. We collect Box Tops for Education, Campbell's Labels for Education, and Tyson A+ labels. Product lists and complete details are linked from on our Cool School Cash page. Our teams are competing to see who can raise the most money so please send these labels to school in a ziploc bag or envelope marked with your child's team.